Thursday, January 3, 2008

Crossing bridges

Quite literally


Crossing bridges


Not in my mind,


But the traveling kind...





Silly poem, but I was just thinking about all of the bridges we cross in our lives as we drive mindlessly in our vehicles. I was reading an online article in VIA magazine, which is the AAA traveler's companion and I realized that I don't appreciate bridges as much as I should. (Here's the link-http://www.viamagazine.com/) The article was written in March 2003, and referred to the architecture of the bridges along the Oregon Coast. My sis and I have traveled over at least 5 of the 8 bridges mentioned in the article. It brought to mind all of the times that we drive over these amazing structures and barely notice them. So I decided to blog about it and hopefully post a pic or two (eventually). There is also a bridge about 10 miles out of Lava Hot Springs, Idaho that I really appreciate. It crosses a 10 to 15 foot stream, but it's a long way down. There are also numerous bridges in Southern Utah that are just downright scary to cross. I'd love to hear about anyone else's bridge "experiences", so if you have any pics or stories, post them on the comments! Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the Sidney bridge is that cool

Anonymous said...

now this is a bridge type into search engine french bridge long and see what comes up. So awesome

Nevaeh said...

You never looked at the email I sent you of that bridge did you? I will post it on my blog. That is the scariest bridge I've seen and I might be traveling over it! Yes, WAY scarier then Bridge of the Gods!

desertgirl said...

I noticed that bridge was something like 23 miles long. There's a couple of really long ones; one in Japan and one in Louisiana. I tried to find a bigger pic of that New Orleans bridge, but it still looked scary.