Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good Golly!

I have achieved greatness... in the form of a grilled cheese sandwich. Perfect amount of butter, which results in a perfect, golden crispy crust...Tillamook cheddar cheese perfectly melted on the inside, and just the right "flatness" to the bread...(ya gotta flatten it with a spatula). My quest for the perfect grilled cheese started years ago, when I would go to Dee's restaurant and order the #9 off of the seniors menu (a big thanks to Dee's for never telling me I couldn't order off the senior menu, since I was only in my twenties). Their grilled cheese and fries cost $2.99 and wow was it great! I still order it sometimes and it is always consistently wonderful! I just never knew the secret, though. I am in my early thirties now, and maybe it seems like ten plus years is a long time to be on a quest of such minuscule importance, but I gotta say...I wouldn't appreciate the art of making grilled cheese sandwiches if it had taken less time to figure out!

1 comment:

Nevaeh said...

Ohhh I remember the quest and then the discovery of the perfect grilled cheese! Don't forget about the bread! The bread is definitely key! Can't make that great grilled cheese with wheat bread! And ya just gotta use Tillamook...that should be mandatory for everything dealing with cheese. There should be no other cheese on the market, in my opinion.